I don’t dislike her as a person and I actually really used to love her youtube channel. It was my favorite, I’d stay up to watch her uploads fresh off the press. But she pretty quickly got pretty problematic.
I think it’s because there is a lot of pressure on pet tubers. Your fans want to know more and more and want you to get more and more, which makes impulse purchases and the addiction of buying animals all that stronger. So I’ll keep this list short and sweet.
- Supports Brian Byrzack (or however you spell it. look up his tag you’ll see whats wrong with him)
- Impulse purchases animals
- Owns animals for less than a few days or only one day, does a bit of google research and makes entire videos about the animal care (which would be okay but she portrays herself as the know all end all)
- Her hedgehogs are in too small of enclosures
- Cheese needs a tank of at least 250 gallons and is still only in a 150.
- Her fish tanks are overstocked in general
- Betta sororities are generally a terrible idea, especially when given so little plant/hide cover
- She bought one snake, and then impulse bought another within one month and yet another shortly after that
- Ive heard her snake habitats aren’t great?
- Handles her reptiles immediately after purchase and doesn’t give them the week to two weeks they need to adjust
- Impulse bought a leopard gecko
- Did i mention she impulse purchases animals all the time
- There was the seahorse disaster where she nearly killed them because she didn’t have the time to be able to handle all the delicate care needed
- Generally is taking on too much of a load but isn’t anywhere near stopping because her new pet videos get the most views
- PURCHASING MANY MANY ANIMALS AND SETTING/STOCKING UP A 150 GALLON TANK WITH EXPENSIVE SENSITIVE FISH WHEN SHE KNOW SHE IS MOVING ACROSS THE COUNTRY IN LESS THAN A YEAR
“Youtube is my job, taking care of my animals is my job, it’s okay for me to have this many animals”
This is her argument, and the argument of many of her fans. But everyone has a limit to what they can handle and I worry she is taking on too much. Not mentioning it is severely irresponsible or her to purchase animals of this quantity when she knows full well she is moving. I will not be surprised when some fish (and hopefully nothing other than fish) don’t make the journey because of it.