My roommate got a beta fish and doesn’t know jack about taking care of it so I’m just gonna do it.
Anyone oon here that knows about beta fish please fill me in. All I have is my heart full of good intentions.
I’m getting a bigger tank and some gravel and some hidey places for it
What else should I be getting? Do they need special water or will regular filtered water work? What kind of plants can I put in with it? How often should the tank be cleaned?
🐳🐠Fishblr Please Interract 🐠🐳
Awww you’re a fish hero ♡
SUPER BASIC HELPY RULES
• at least a 2.5 gal aquarium (my boy loves his)
• a nice little heater to warm the lil wiggle
• a nice little filter to suck the nasties out
• some gravel or sand
• silk plants or real plants because plastic ones are too pokey and the betta could hurt themself
• SMOOTH decor – keep the fishy safe
• a nerite snail because they’re awesome
• Make sure to get a lid!! Bettas jump
• pellet food! Flakes aren’t very good. You can get a thing of Bug Bites Tropical Small Fish Formula on Amazon for five dollars – I highly recommend
•if you’re on city water or have chlorine you’ll need a dechlorinater. I recommend Seachem prime as it takes care of a lot of harmful things besides chlorine
You’re so awesome for taking care of the wiggle! Good luck!!!